Some boat name lettering and graphics are requested to be in a full color. In other words you can see the fade of each color compared to just solid spot colors. It can be considered that three to four colors on a boat name logo could be declared as a full color if that’s all the color that is needed in your logo.
A four colored boat name like Sandy’s beach above was plotted out in separate colors. Then each color is installed on the boat separately until the boat name logo is achieved.
The technology for printing boat names has come a long way and today we are able to make full Color Prints last for years. The process is still done on vinyl. Large format printing machines can print on a white 3M vinyl. After printing the graphics, another large laminating machine laminates on top of it to help protect from scratches and UV rays.
Here are some of the pros and cons of having a full-color graphic rather than having solid base vinyl colors.
- Still to this day solid non printed viynl colors will not fade as fast as a printed viynl.
- Full color printed graphics are a little more costly to design and create out of 3m material.
- The full color boat name is clearly more vivid and pleasing to the eye.
- It is important to have someone design it corectly to compliment your boat and to stay away from high contrstd that could make the boat logo muddy and not visiable from a distance.
- If part of a full color graphic some how gets damaged it is a bit more costly to repair.
The best boat name graphic material to use is called 3M 180c Controltac viynl with a clear outdoor laminate. The boat Name Guy only uses the best quaility when doing boat names.
Sometimes we find ourselves to get too detailed with our boat names and it tends to get lost in the colors of our boats. Staying with just one color often does the trick and is much more visible from a distance.
The Boat name guy can help you with every aspect of the boat name process. From Boat name Ideas and design to printing and installing in the Tampa Bay, Clearwater area. Check out the Boat Name Form and see how the boat name guy can make getting a boat name a fun and easy process.